How to HIFF
Welcome to the 2016 Hawaii International Film Festival presented by Halekulani! If you haven’t attended HIFF before, the guide below will help you navigate through our festival. We hope you enjoy watching independent and international films at the largest film festival in Hawaii. Getting tickets is easy!
IT’S THIS EASY!
- Choose a film you’d like to see (click here to browse the film listings).
- Purchase tickets online or at the HIFF Box Office.
- Arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes prior to the screening.
- Get your popcorn and mochi crunch, sit back, and have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest the following ways to choose the film or films you want to see:
- View the program and schedule online. The online schedule is the best way to to get the most up to date information.
- Download the HIFF app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store! (Search for “HIFF”).
- Use the printed HIFF Program Guide and browse through the film listings.
- Follow the HIFF blog for in-depth film information.
- Sign up for HIFF e-News to get the latest news on films and programs.
- Look for sections of interest in our full program like Spotlight on Korea, Awards Buzz, or Pacific Showcase.
- Pick a day and just see what’s playing!
There are 3 easy ways to purchase tickets in advance or day of show. It’s just like going to any other movie:
- Purchase tickets online at www.hiff.org. This method also gives the customer the option of printing out their tickets at home.
- In Person (pre-festival dates October 14 – November 2): HIFF Office – 680 Iwilei Rd Suite 100 – Across the street from the theater below the bridge connecting the two buildings.
- In Person from November 3 – 13 at Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18 & IMAX Theaters.
$10.00 HIFF Members
$12.00 Senior, Military, Student
$14.00 General Admission
All UHM and HPU Screenings are FREE, un-ticketed
Weekday Matinee Prices (films starting before 5:00 PM)
$10.00 Flat rate
Election Day Special
$2.00 off all tickets (Including matinee price)
Veterans Day Special
$10.00 for Military with ID
$8.00 Matinee pricing for Military with ID
Service fee per ticket
No fee for online purchases for HIFF Members
$1.50 for online purchases
$1.00 for box office purchases
No, you don’t have to be a member. Everyone is welcome to attend HIFF.
HIFF Members receive:
$4.00 – off General Admission ticket price for all HIFF tickets
Member line seating for all screenings | Members are seated before General Admission
A mailed program guide.
Advance ticket purchase before the general public.
Notifications of free special screenings for HIFF Members.
YES! Parking is always free at Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18 & IMAX Theaters for HIFF. Get validated by a Regal Employee or at the HIFF Box Office.
Try to get in line at least 30 minutes before the show. If advance purchase tickets are no longer available, a limited number of standby tickets (a.k.a. Rush tickets) will be released ten minutes before showtime in most instances.
When advance tickets are no longer available, a limited number of “rush” tickets may become available at the door five to ten minutes prior to the screening. Standby tickets are sold for $10 (cash only) on a first-come, first-served basis, depending on how many seats are available. Please look for the “Rush Line” for the particular film when you arrive. These seats are typically in the first 2 rows of the theater, and no refunds are given for “rush” tickets.
Films will be presented in their original language. If the film is in a language other than English, there will be English subtitles on the screen.
YES! We have panels, workshops, opportunities to meet the filmmakers, and other special events.
Please feel free to communicate with us. We are here to answer your questions, please feel free to provide feedback too!