How to HIFF
Welcome to the 2014 HIFF Spring Showcase! If you haven’t attended HIFF before, this guide below will help you navigate through our festival. We hope you enjoy watching independent and international films at the largest film festival in Hawaii. Getting tickets is easy!
IT’S THIS EASY!
- Choose a film you’d like to see (click here to browse the film listings)
- Purchase tickets (see below for the 3 ways to get tickets: online, phone, or box office)
- Arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes prior to the screening.
- Get your popcorn and mochi crunch, sit back, and have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions
We suggest the following ways to choose the film or films you want to see:
- Grab a HIFF Program Guide and browse through the film listings in print
- Check out our program and schedule online (most current version with updates & new films)
- Download the HIFF app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store! (Search for “HIFF”)
- Follow the HIFF blog for in-depth film information
- Sign up for HIFF e-News to get the latest news on films and programs
- Look for sections of interest in our full program like Spotlight on Korea, Art + Design, or Pacific Showcase.
- Pick a day and just see what’s playing!
There are 3 easy ways to purchase tickets in advance or day of show. It’s just like going to any other movie:
The box office at Dole will be open from 11am – 6pm from March 17 to April 3 (March 17-19 Members only), then open during the festival (March 4-10) from 11am to the start of the last show.
Tickets are $12 (exceptions include Opening Night, Closing Night, and other Special Events). There are discounts for students, seniors, military, and HIFF Ohana Members. We also have matinee prices starting at $10 for shows that start before 5pm, Monday-Friday. For all ticket prices and other box office details click here.
No, you don’t have to be a member. Anyone can attend HIFF. Members do get discounts on ticket prices, free screenings and other benefits.
As a HIFF member, you will have a copy of the festival program guide mailed to you, will have a chance to purchase tickets in advance of the general public, as well as getting the member rate when purchasing tickets. In addition, there are several free film screenings each year for members only. See our membership page for full details on the various member levels.
YES! Parking is always free at Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18 & IMAX Theaters for HIFF. Get validated by a Regal Employee or at the HIFF Box Office.
Try to get in line at least 30 minutes before the show. If advance purchase tickets are no longer available, a limited number of standby tickets (a.k.a. Rush tickets) will be released ten minutes before showtime in most instances.
When advance tickets are no longer available, a limited number of “rush” tickets may become available at the door five to ten minutes prior to the screening. Standby tickets are sold on a first-come, first-served basis, depending on how many seats are available. Please look for the “Rush Line” for the particular film when you arrive. We accept cash only and full price for Rush tickets. These seats are typically in the first 2 rows of the theater, and no refunds are given for “rush” tickets.
Films will be presented in their original language. If the film is in a language other than English, there will be English subtitles on the screen.
YES! We have panels, workshops, parties, opportunities to meet the filmmakers, and other special events. Click here for all of our panels and workshops, and click here for an event listing. Many events are invite only, but HIFF Ohana members are able to attend. Click here for membership information.
Please feel free to communicate with us. We are here to answer your questions, please feel free to provide feedback too!