New Media Camp Submissions
THE NEW MEDIA CAMP (NMC) is a 4-day intensive video workshop (October 17 – 20, 2013 during the Hawaii International Film Festival also known as HIFF) where 6 participants will get hands-on guidance and expertise from professionals in the new media world ranging from successful YouTube partners and content producers, working filmmakers in traditional media, social media experts, and Hollywood actors who will assist in honing your craft in the production of a 3 minute video that will be presented on the final day of the workshop at the Regal Dole Cannery Stadium 18 & IMAX. The goal of the NMC is to align fans and emerging media-makers with their mentors and learn the tricks of the trade of becoming a successful New Media producer or personality. At the conclusion of the NMC, HIFF will select the two videos we consider to be the best to post on director Justin Lin’s (FAST & FURIOUS franchise) YOMYOMF Network YouTube channel and the remaining four videos will be posted on HIFF’s Vimeo channel.
HIFF NMC is seeking young, energetic and self-motivated media-makers who would be interested to be 1 of 6 participants in this exclusive 4-day workshop. The Call-for-Entries is open from September 5 – 26, 2013. All entries are due no later than 11:59 PM Hawaii Time on
September 26. UPDATE: Deadline extended to October 1, 2013.
Before you fill out this form, please read the following as requirements to be a NMC participant and read the complete rules and regulations at this link.
- Minimum age is 14 years old to enter. If you are under 18 and chosen as a participant, a parental or legal guardian consent form will be issued. Only one entry per person. There is no fee to apply or participate in the NMC if selected.
- For online entry form, submit a previously produced video as an example of your work. It can be a music video, short film, vlog, viral or meme video, etc.
- For online entry form, you must also submit an original script or concept for your proposed 3 minute video that you will produce during the NMC, in the event that you are chosen as a participant. Your video can be on any subject as long as it is an original work. It can be in script form, or outline, or paragraph describing what you will produce.
- Participant must provide his/her own equipment and resources: video camera, computer, editing software, sound equipment, lights, props, actors, crew, etc.
- The workshop will be held from Thursday October 17 to Sunday, October 20. October 17 event will take place in the late afternoon followed by a kick-off dinner in the evening. October 18, however, is a Friday, and participants (if in school) may seek permission to be excused from school but at the sole consent of parent or legal guardian. Breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided on the two production days (October 18 and 19).
- Participant must provide their own transportation. NMC will take place at the Modern Honolulu Hotel and possibly other locations on Oahu.
The final 6 NMC participants will be notified on
September 30. UPDATE: October 4. Once notified, participants will be sent the workshop schedule and a final list of mentors who will be participating.
Below is the proposed NMC schedule (subject to change):
- October 17: Meet with mentors, prep and kick-off dinner
- October 18: Shoot
- October 19: Edit/post production
- October 20: New Media panel/coffee talk and screening of completed films
New Media Camp Entry Form
We’re sorry, but the deadline has passed and now applications are closed for this program.