That’s A Wrap! For HIFF’s Guest Filmmaker Program 2011!
HIFF’s 2011 Guest Filmmaker Program officially concluded today with a wonderful visit to Waipahu High School featuring director Ryan Kawamoto. The Guest Filmmaker Program is offered annually as part of HIFF’s education programs, and takes filmmakers to schools across O’ahu to speak with local students. For more detailed information about the program click here.
Click Here for Mahalo’s!
I would like to extend a special Mahalo to all of this year’s Guest Filmmakers: Lisette Marie Flanary, Ty Sanga, Anne Misawa, James Sereno, Bertha Bay-Sa Pan, Dave Boyle, Ian Gamazon, and Ryan Kawamoto. Thank you for inspiring the next generation of budding filmmakers!
I would also like to thank the amazing teachers from across the island that hosted the GFP in their classrooms. Thank you again for having us this year, looking forward to 2012!
- Jennie Major, St. John Vianney School
- Irene Yamashita, Kainalu Elementary School
- Debra Barenaba, Kahuku High & Intermediate School
- Gloria Baraquio, Hawaii Technology Academy
- Christine Ho, Farrington High School
- Leimomi Stender-Jenkins, McKinley High School
- Kamilla Maii, Kaimuki Middle School
- Edgar Ugale, Waipahu Intermediate School
- Chris Pascual, Island Pacific Academy
- Michael Wooten, James Campbell High School
- Devin Oishi, Kaimuki High School
- Johann Montero & Lori Murakami, Waipahu High School
And last but not least, I would like to offer a special thanks to our sponsors for the 2011 Guest Filmmaker Program, without whom none of this would be possible.
ABC Stores, First Hawaiian Bank Foundation, Morgan Stanley Foundation, and Hawaii DOE Video Technology Group
Mahalo Nui Loa!